HISTORY – REVOLUTION – EVOLUTION
Explore Historic Downtown Manhattan on an Inspiring Journey, Enhanced with the Magic of Virtual Reality!
Launching in mid-March, 2017, THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE Powered by THE RIDE is a brand new multimedia historical adventure exploring Downtown Manhattan’s most notable landmarks and neighborhoods. Featuring some of THE RIDE’s signature performance interludes and enhanced with the advanced technology of our partner Timelooper, THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE will be highlighted by the magic of Virtual Reality visualizations allowing visitors to travel back in time and relive iconic historical moments.
What to expect on THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE:
- 90-minute multimedia historic adventure of Downtown Manhattan
- Fun, original & informative music and videos that support our Storyteller guide’s deeply researched historical narrative
- Theatre-style, side facing seating & floor-to-ceiling glass windows with panoramic views
- Advanced audio/visual technology including 40 LCD TV screens showing footage of the landmarks and neighborhoods of Downtown Manhattan
- Enhanced with the magic of Virtual Reality that will lift your imagination out of your seat and through time!
- VR locations include the South Street Seaport, Ellis Island, Battery Park and City, China Town, Wall Street, Federal Hall & the Stock Exchange.
- Route features iconic landmarks such as the Brooklyn Bridge, Governor’s Island, New York Harbor & the Statue of Liberty, Battery Park, 9/11 Memorial, One World Trade Center and Observatory, City Hall and more!
LAUNCHING MARCH 2017. TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE is pleased to be partnering with TimeLooperto incorporate virtual reality into this experiential entertainment initiative. TimeLooper is a location-based platform that enables people to re-live the most amazing moments from a location’s history via virtual reality delivered right on their smartphones. You can download the app in the Google Play or the App Store.
Below is an example of how TimeLooper takes you back in time at Federal Hall, where George Washington was inaugurated on April 30, 1789. Just one of many VR moments you’ll experience aboard THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE.