5 Best Halloween Treats in NYC
Hi everyone, it’s THE RIDE here, and I’m excited that Halloween is almost here! October 31st in New York City is always SPOOKtacular—there is trick-or-treating, of course, but also amazing costume parades, terrifying haunted houses, and scores of other ways to celebrate throughout the month. So to set the scene for plenty of fall fun, here’s my countdown to the best Halloween treats in NYC:
- Greenwich Village Halloween Parade – Now in its 46th year, the Village Halloween Parade is famous for creative, spooky and sometimes completely wacky costumes.
- Boo at the Zoo – Every year the Bronx Zoo offers a ghoulishly good time, with magic shows, a corn maze, pumpkin carving, Halloween crafts, and lots more.
- Tompkins Square Halloween Dog Parade – In New York, even the pups enjoy an afternoon of elaborate costumed revelry, or as the New York Post put it, “Halloweiners Bow-Wow‘em.”
- Bartow-Hell Haunted Mansion Tour – This creepy attraction includes scary creatures and ghastly decorations throughout the mansion, carriage house and gardens (complete with a cemetery!).
- THE RIDE in MASQUERADE – This high-tech hayride—featuring magick, mischief, music in a minor key, and just a touch of “boo!”—is only available during the month of October. Perfect for all ages, MASQUERADE is the ultimate Halloween entertainment experience. It’s so popular, we’ve already had to add extra time slots to fill the demand for this limited-time seasonal attraction, but even with that, some weekend departure times are already sold out! So don’t wait; book your tickets now and enjoy just the right amount pumpkin madness!