Greetings! It’s THE RIDE here with a list of my five favorite family-friendly things to do in New York. (Hmmm that “five favorite family-friendly” phrase is kind of a tongue twister—go ahead and try to say it ten times, fast. Really, go ahead. I’ll wait.)
OK, now that we’ve got that out of the way, on to the list:
- The Bronx Zoo: With over 4,000 animals and 265 acres, the Bronx Zoo is the largest city zoo in the U.S. Family bonus: general admission is free all day Wednesdays.
- New York Hall of Science: Your kids will enjoy the hands-on activities at the New York Hall of Science and you’ll be happy that they are learning some basic scientific principles in the process.
- Central Park: Central Park offers something for everyone: story time at the Alice in Wonderland sculpture and rides on the Carousel for the youngest folks; model boat races and games on the Great Lawn for slightly older kids, rented bikes and rowboats for everyone.
- The New York Aquarium: The New York Aquarium has a great blend of indoor and outdoor exhibits—just right for a summer day when it’s nice to enjoy the fresh air while still taking an occasional respite into air conditioning. While you’re on Coney Island, be sure to venture onto the Boardwalk and to take a ride on the world-famous Cyclone rollercoaster.
- THE RIDE: THE RIDE is perfect for kids of all ages (if I do say so myself!). Whether you’re eight or eighty, you’ve love my interactive entertainment experience, which includes everything from a simulated NYC subway ride to jazz musicians. And with special discounts for families of 3, families of 4, and families of 5, you can see that it’s family friendly!