Hi, it’s THE RIDE here and I’m getting excited for the Memorial Day weekend! Not only does this holiday mark the beginning of summer, but if you’re in NYC, there are some awesome activities you won’t want to miss. Here are my five favorite ways get the summer season started:
- Attend a Memorial Day Parade – Let’s not let all the fun of barbecues and fun at the beach allow us to forget the real reason for the holiday. There are parades and other events in every NYC borough that provide an opportunity to salute those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.
- Enjoy Shakespeare in the Park – Nothing says summer in New York like attending a free theater production in Central Park. Go to the Public Theater’s web site to learn how to get tickets.
- Go to Fleet Week – From concerts, to diving exhibitions, to ship tours, to meeting sailors from around the world, Fleet Week is full of great choices.
- Check out the Washington Square Outdoor Art Exhibit – There is something for everyone at the Washington Square Outdoor Art Exhibit, with work by artists and artisans at all price points. And when you get tired of admiring all the art, relax with a treat from one of your favorite food trucks.
- Save 20% off THE RIDE, THE TOUR & THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE – From May 25-31, tickets for the NYC sightseeing extravaganzas known as THE RIDE, THE TOUR and THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE (all of which feature me—an ultra-luxurious motor coach with theatre-style, side facing seating & floor-to-ceiling glass windows with panoramic views) will all be on sale. To receive your 20% discount, visit the Special Offers page or use code MEMORIALDAY and click here to buy your tickets now.