Hey, it’s THE RIDE here, thinking about lucky number seven. “Why is that?” you might ask. The answer is simple: it’s July, the seventh month of the year and I’m feeling lucky to be in New York City. I love NYC through all months and all seasons, but there is nothing quite like summer in the city. The pace is a little slower, making everyone is a bit more relaxed and ready to enjoy themselves. If you are lucky enough to be in town this month, here are 7 things I recommend:
1. Ride the Coney Island Cyclone. Here are 7 reasons why you shouldn’t miss this famous rollercoaster.
2. Enjoy Central Park’s SummerStage. At 7 pm almost every night this month (and through early September), you’ll see live performances at this outdoor theater.
3. Visit Governor’s Island. This oasis in the New York Harbor is 172-acres, has 7 miles of car-free paths, and features a 57-foot slide, but all these lucky 7s are just a fraction of the reasons to check it out.
5. Go to the NY Botanical Garden and see the Georgia O’Keeffe exhibit that includes 17 of her Hawaii paintings—not seen together in New York since their debut more than 7 decades ago.
7. Experience THE RIDE. This 75-minute interactive attraction features live performances amidst the background of NYC streets. Critics rave that whether you’re new to the city or a long-time native, it’s one of the best ways to tour the sights. All that for just $74. Truly a great way to enjoy the 7th month and take advantage of some lucky 7s!